Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Thursday, September 29, 2005

This one everyone can understand...

OK, so one piece of instant feedback I got on my blog is a little too technical on the pokerspeak for my friends, so I will try to create some balance. Here is a blog entry having nothing to do with poker....

I bought a couple DVDs for the plane ride over. One being the Family Guy Stewie Griffin movie, and the other being the Dick Cavett rock icons DVD.

Before watching the Family Guy movie, let me say that I think Family Guy is great….but make no mistake, give me the Simpsons anyday. After watching the Family Guy movie, I think there are more days you can give me the Simpsons. Much like the TV show, I find FG to be inconsistent. The movie starts really slow on the laughs, and improves over time, but I guess if I were to sum it up in one word, I would say (slightly) disappointing. There are definitely moments, but I see why this is the one that went straight to video, and the next one (which I presume they will work harder on) will be the one released in theatres. I think the hardcore FG people will be happy, but I can’t see anyone ranting and raving the way many people do about the show.

Dick Cavett…..those were the days. Sly Stone baked out of his mind mumbling on national TV…..Ironic that you couldn’t get away with that kind of stuff on the air today, because of all the “progress” we have made. Anyone who enjoys that period of time should at least rent these. Seeing Bowie in his prime was really cool, too….Never seen that. Speaking of DVDs…when are people going to put out Get Smart on DVD? There are bootlegs of the show out there, But, as I hear it the guy who owns the rights died, and his heirs have never gotten the right offer to put the DVDs out. Someone…..get on that! Luckily, we watched the DVDs because Jen talked (begged) me out of bringing the 11,000 pages of Howard Hughes declassified FBI docs I bought off Ebay (on CD Rom), Now THAT will be a party.

The plane ride was uneventful, with the notable exception of the British gents sitting behind us. How do I know they were British? They spent $100 on drinks for a 7 hour plane ride....try that sometime...not easy to do.

“Tomorrow” (today since we lost a day on the red eye flight), we are going to go to Camden market, and buy some stuff. Also, I need to get some Heinz rusks for my infant friend Will….seems his Daddy curled up in a ball, and ate all of them after his precious Raiders went 0 – 3. By the way…when someone can figure out my Broncos for me (are they the team that got killed by Miami, or the one that humiliated KC on national TV)…..send me a memo. Speaking of the Broncos….Going to Giants Stadium in three weeks to see them play. My boy Nick is trying to hook up some VIP love…Have I mentioned how much I like him.

Oh yeah, I'm playing in the London Masters tomorrow.

Out..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home