Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Thursday, February 09, 2006

EPT Deauville

Thanks to everyone who read, and followed along. Thanks to Jen for keeping the blogs coming. Overall, I hqad a good time, but ultimately, the cards did not cooperate. The way I play, I need some help from the deck. Unfortunately, I really felt outclassed this time, though that might have been because every move I made went down in flames.

I did want to clarify one thing that was covered in some of the blogs (including this one). The way the hand played out when I doubled up with Jacks. It wasn't all the money going in preflop...way to early in the tournament for a move like that.

On a stack of about 9,000 I made it 900 to go (blinds 150/300) from middle position with JJ. A guy who had been playing every pot I opened (and taking most of the pots) called from the small blind. The flop came 8 6 3, rainbow. He checked, I led out for 1,000. The guy immediately makes it 5,000. I did think QQ was a possibility, but ultimately, he was staring at me, daring me to call. I moved in for my last 7,000+, and he called with AK. Turn & river were blanks, and I was up to 18,000.

Thanks for everyone's comments, and the pics from Gutshot, and PokerStars. outclassed, or not....I will return to the EPT. The facility is top notch, and Conrad, and everyone at Poker Stars make these events a pleasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home