Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Monday, December 12, 2005

Monkey off my back

Firstly, apologies for not updating this more...I have discovered that when I run bad, I really don't like writing about it. I am the first to admit...when I run good...I run good. No question about it. When the cards fall my way...all the gutshots get there, and all my two to one hands hold up, etc.

But when I run bad.......it gets really ugly. After my best month ever in Sept, I had one of my worst months ever in Oct....and Nov wasn't much better. I really haven't been playing that much. I hate telling bad beat stories, but this one is pretty comical. In five sit n goes, or super sats in a ROW....I took a two, or three out river beat....for all my chips....on the bubble. Bubbling in a sit n go is one thing. Bubbling in a super where 17 people get seats out of a field of 170 isn't easy....to do it twice in a row is really hard.

So, I haven't been writing....or playing. I took about a month off (I played alittle here, and there, but not seriously....just an hour here or there, but for the last two weeks I was 100% off), and just started playing again Thursday. I won a $50 sit n go Thursday, and played a little Friday, and Saturday.

I entered a $109 Multi table at UB today, and fisnihed 2nd. I really felt good about how I played. I did go 5-1 in coin flips, which I refuse to apologize for. I also got a 6 out gift on the river, but I was ahead in the hand when the money went in....he sucks out on turn, Double Schecky suckout on the river.

It was a pretty stacked final table as far as internet players go, and I felt good about how I held up. Gank, Leggggggggy, Papa Georgio, and AngryCLEC were at the final table with me. If WestTexasMan, and BRSavage were in the house, it would have been the UB all stars.

We were about equal in chips when the last hand occurred. I was a 73/27 favorite after on the turn. So, three out of four times I woulda won it.

Anyway, the monkey is off my back, and hopefully I can start running good again. Cheers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the nice finish!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Jen Leo said...

Just in case John never updates his blog again, you can generally find out about his whereabouts through me at http://jenleolive.blogspot.com.

I'm his girlfriend and it's my personal blog, but at least once a week I talk about him or where we are.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home