Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Monday, May 29, 2006

Mansion and FSN do know how to throw a party

I'm not much of a party person. I normally stand against the wall, and talk to the three people in the room I know.

But, last Thursday I went to a party a Tao in the Venetian that was one of the better parties I had been to in a long time.

Instead of the requisite three, there were about 30 people I knew, and a lot of the Poker World was there to see a 'presentation' of the Mansion Poker Dome show.

I'm not really into nightclubs, but Tao was really, really impressive. The decor was fantastic, and they had dancers, and one person I was particulary fascinated.

The girl in the tub



I don't know her name....don't want to know, actually. But it was nice to 'hang' with her for a few hours. As my friend Peter from Liverpool might say "Mmmm - More Vinegar, Please"

It was nice to see a bunch of people I knew, and chat them all up. I spent nearly the entire night talking with people, and while normally I can only be charming for about 90 minutes, tops - I managed to chat people up all night.

People I saw, and chatted with included Gavin Smith, who was about to get on a redeye, and miss by one card going wire to wire at the circuit event, Kristy Gazes, Robert Williamson III, Matt Savage, and a cast of thousands. It was nice to finally meet Mike Friedman in person, after speaking to him every day for a year, and never meeting face to face (one of the few downsides of the internet).

There was poker. We had a shootout format that had one pro at each person's table. Chip Jett was the pro at my table, and he wound up taking Kelly Flynn down heads up. I got my money in good twice, and couldn't get there. Jen's uncle essentially busted me. Man, did I want a piece of Chip heads up, but it wasn't meant to be.

All in all, a fun time was had, and man....did FSN and Mansion throw the dough around. My lovely parting gift was an iPod Shuffle.



Schecky chats up Kristy Gazes, and Karen Williamson

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home