Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Live from the Vic

Jen, here. Brad Willis, the blogger for PokerStars.com, was kind enough to let me use his computer while he's off taking pictures. I made it to the Vic in time for the dinner break and found John. He's a little below average at 17k. His PokerNews cohorts Tony G and Noah B are already out. We ate at a table with three other players who were still in, and one who wasn't. One of my faves, Joe "the Elegance" Beevers is still in. Kathy Liebert is also still in. But now I have a new guy to add to my list. Stewart from Edinburgh. He was friendly and I'd be happy if he kept going, but didn't beat John, of course. This is only his second live tourney....power of winning a seat online.

So, back to John...he's in a good mood. Doesn't seem too tired, and is still cracking jokes. He says he's been catching cards, but I think he only doubled up once when his queens beat a guy with AK. Lets hope his luck stays steady.

He's in a back room where they aren't really allowing people on the rail. But Brad seems to think that'll change as the night widdles people down to two tables. When John makes it to midnight, things will get more interesting. Lets not forget, they're playing till 4am.

Ok, luck to John. Is there anybody out there reading? Come on now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home