Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Viva Espana!!

I landed yesterday in Barcelona for the EPT tournament here. Jen and I had a big question facing us, which was the host hotel was a ridiculous $500/night (for a Hilton??....I don't think so. I wouldn't spend $500/nt for Paris Hilton. Nicky....maybe. But, I digress), and so we needed to sort out some accomodation. The travel queen came up big, and landed us an apartment right on the water for about $130 a night.



This place is right in the sweet part of town, actually in a park (parca Diagonal Mar), and 5 minutes from the biggest shopping food place in town (also 5 minutes from the host hotel).

the Wifi was broken at first, which sapped my soul for day one, but I am up, and in business now for day two. The apartment is awesome, with Hardwood floors and a great view. There is a court right below us for this fascinating game....1/2 paddle tennis, 1/2 raquetball. There is no out of bounds, and the back wall on each side is in play, so the defensive play is to play a lob off the back wall. Can you tell I was partially raised in a tennis family?



I really want to give it a shot, and my Spanish is probably just good enough, but alas, the 35 pounds working in the poker world has 'given' me probably tells me I should stay on the sideline.

The tournament starts tomorrow, and I am off to the beach. See you soon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jen Leo said...

more pics of inside the apt please! :-)

See you in two days.

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home