Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Saturday, October 01, 2005

Live from the Vic, Part II

Jen again...John is still IN. It's almost midnight our time. He's still at the same table he's been at all day. They've cut the field down to 30ish, maybe a little less, and they're playing to 12. I don't know what will happen if 4am rolls around and they still have more than 12 players. I guess we'll see.

He came out on a 15 minute break a little while ago and said he had 45k, which is down from 55k. I just went and took a look (there's no room for me to hang out there full time, even if I wanted to be that girl) and the stack is small, but there are plenty of 5k blue chips in it. Brad says he's about average, and the guy standing next to me who was much taller than me took a second look and said that he was better than average. In fact, he was a little surprised that I would call my guy average and asked if I wanted to rate him properly. 1-10 he asked....

Still, John seems to be fine. He went for a short walk on the break and didn't need anything. I know he'd like to have more chips and as he headed back to the table said he was going to go get some.

Meanwhile, I've gotten my computer up here and am trying to do some work. I don't have any internet access, but the GutShot boys are fun. Steve, one of their writers, is really tripped out because he realized while we were talking that he reads my blog for travel writers, Written Road. I don't understand why this is weird for him, but hey, if he want's to be freaked out, that's fine with me. He's buying the coffees.

But lets get back to John, cheers to 4am! You can do it, John.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home