Euro Schecky

John Caldwell at the European Poker Tour

Sunday, October 02, 2005

Short Stack Blues...

Well, as anticipated, I am out quickly. Of course I start under the gun, so I had no time to wait for anything. I found 67 of diamonds first hand, and actually considered it. I folded, and a guy raised, showing AK of…..diamonds. Then through the blinds with nothing. I find A 4 in middle position, and chuck it in. A good Swedish player to my left moves over the top, and I stand up and put my jacket on. He shows QQ, and I do not hit my three outer, and I am done. 23rd place – 4,000 pound (about $7,100).

Overall, this was a fun experience. I always seem to have these 90 minute (in this case three hour) stretches where I find nothing but rags, or if I do have a semi hand, a player has already raised before me, and I can’t play. I manage to get myself grinded down to short stack status. I guess to get better, I have to figure out how to survive these stretches better. I had chips, and was probably top ten in chip count for the second thru fourth hour of the tournament, but then I went cold, and had to work the short stack for the last two hours of the night.

Whatever…………winning two seats into this event, and cashing was a nice experience. London isn’t too cold (mind you, I’m not really looking to wander around outside right now, but it isn’t miserable to get where you need to go), and I’m glad to come back here (been here a dozen times, but not in 6 or 7 years).

Off to Brick Lane tonight, then meetings all day tomorrow, and Tuesday. Thanks for checking out EuroShecky, and I will try to blog more as I keep going for these EPT things. Next one is Oct 28th in Dublin.

John

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JC,

first chance I've had to really scrawl through your blog. It sounds like you're having a great time in Blighty. Raiders beat Dallas yesterday (hurrah!) so I'm a happy bunny. Unf, your Broncos also won, so it ain't all good. Like to hear of your meetings with large Brits. No fights yet? You must be in a v quiet part of town. Miss you

Will

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home